MILES WISON MATTHEWS CHAPEL POLICIES
PRINTABLE CHAPEL RENTAL APPLICATION
Must have verbal confirmation of requested date on application to complete reservation of Chapel. Call Helen Gunnels for availability and confirmation: 706-367-8688
PRINTABLE CHAPEL POLICIES
The application is a PDF and can be read/open/printed in Adobe Acrobat. Adobe Acrobat is free and available at: Adobe Acrobat Reader
POLICIES FOR USING MILES WILSON MATTHEWS CHAPEL (MWMC)
1. The MWMC is available for Tumbling Waters Society (TWS) and Jackson County Historical Society sponsored programs or special events sponsored by other groups or individuals. The facility is not available for partisan political or commercial purposes.
2. Written application for MWMC shall be submitted at least thirty (30) days in advance of the event. Use of the MWMC will be at the sole discretion of the Tumbling Waters Society Board of Directors.
3. A non-refundable rental fee of $200.00 will be charged for use of the MWMC. APPLICANTS MUST CALL 706-367-8688 TO CONFIRM AVAILIBLITY OF DATE REQUESTED on application, before application and fee are sent. The fee is due when the application is made for using the facility. If the application is denied, the fee will be returned.
4. User will be required to pay for any and all damage done to the facility and all costs of repairs incurred while it is being rented by user . If TWS is required to take any action to recover costs of repairs for damage, user will agree to pay all attorney's fees, costs and expenses incurred by TWS.
5. The maximum capacity of the room is one hundred and seventy five (175). The number of persons using the room cannot exceed 175.
6. The room will be clean and orderly when rented for special events and should be in that same condition after it has been used. Any decorations, flowers, equipment, or paraphernalia must be removed immediately after the event.
7. TWS is not responsible for equipment, supplies, or other items lost, stolen, broken, or left in the building.
8. In accepting the use of the building and property, the person and/or organization making the reservation will be held responsible for the proper conduct of those attending the event and for any damage to the building or property by those attending the event.
9. When the building is to be used by organizations or groups with members under eighteen (18) years of age, application for use of the room must be made by an adult and adult supervision must be present throughout the time of event.
10. Admission fees may not be charged for any event or program and commercial projects will not be allowed.
11. No food or drink may be served in the building.
12. Smoking is prohibited and no alcoholic beverages may be consumed on the premises.
13. No outside furnishings may be brought into the building and the furnishings in the MWMC may not be moved around or relocated inside the building or removed from the building.
14. Nothing can be attached to the walls or furnishings in the building. Care must be taken not to damage the building or furnishings.
15. No candles may be used in the building other than battery operated candles. There shall be no open flames of any kind. No glitter, confetti or birdseed may be used or thrown inside the building or on the decks and ramps.
16. Make arrangements for opening the MWMC with Helen Gunnels (Monday - Wednesday after 5 p.m. or Thursday - Sunday anytime) at (706) 367-8688.
17. Questions concerning the use of the MWMC will be resolved by the TWS Board of Directors. TWS reserves the right to prohibit any event deemed unsuitable.
18. Mail the completed application to:
Helen Gunnels, 964 W. H. Hayes Road, Jefferson, Georgia, 30549